Hello peeps. Uhhhh, yeah. Kind of missed last week without saying anything kind of. I did make 1 post. But, it didn’t really count as a post… FINE. I didn’t post “much” or anything like “exciting”(?) idk. Some things came up (ex being 4th of july, eventhough i my family didn’t do much other than watch movies..) and didn’t have the ability to make a post on Thursday. I did make one Tuesday, but it wasn’t exciting at all. Today I will be talking about myself so you guys can get to know me. Knowing this has been done before, I’ll just grab the general questions from all the other ones that exist and add some of my own.
- Name: Geri (Insert last name here). I also go by Geru and sometimes Cern. Cern is a semi messed up story so I’m not gonna explain that one lmao.
- Favorite Show/Movie: Picking specifically ONE favorite show is difficult. Like, if a gun was pointed towards my head and you asked me what my favorite show was, I would be dead. For now, I’ll list some that are close to my heart. Code Lyoko, Teen Titans (original), Iron Man Armored Adventures, Spongebob Squarepants (first 5 seasons), Fairly Odd Parents (when it was good), and a whole bunch more. Most of the shows were either originated or aired in “kid channels” like Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Disney, and DisneyXD (also was known as Jetix back in the day ;-;). Favorite movie has to be Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith. Some people hate the prequels, but episode 3 in particular is too nostalgic for me, and always love that movie despite its flaws.
- Favorite Song: Similar to the favorite show, its challenging to pick one song only. But, if I had to pick one only, I’d say Down by Jay Sean. 2009 BOYS (WHEN POP MUSIC WAS AT ITS PEAK IMO).
- Best Childhood Memory: There isn’t one I have in particular, its more of a “long lasted” type of thing. I used to have a passion for LEGO, building and playing with them. Those were a huge part of my childhood, and I enjoyed them till I grew up and lost interest in them.
- Phobias or Fears in General: I fear of failure all the time. ALL THE TIME. Also, I don’t like heights and creepypasta stuff. Oh, and the deep/dark web. Never watching ANYTHING in regards of that ever again.
- Hobbies: If you consider surfing the internet and playing Smash as a hobby then yeah. That’s about it. I can cook as well. SEE ME WHEN I MAKE GRILLED CHEESE!1!!!!!!
- Most Cringe Moment: I’ve done so many cringe worthy stuff and I haven’t even been on this planet for 21 years yet. Every now and then, I get “cringe attacks”. Cringy things that I did in the past suddenly pop up in my mind and I get goosebumps LOL. That’s how bad it is. The worst thing I’ve done was either in Kindergarten or First grade. The whole class sat on those “play mats” with the streets with cars and houses. The teacher was reading a book or something I don’t recall. Me being stupid and unsanitary, I start licking like the top of my elbow. I DON’T KNOW WHY OK. It was a good 3 minutes till the teacher saw and everyone else were staring at me. The look my teacher gave was like “disappointment”. My dumba** was just like what’s wrong. Ughhhhhhhh.
- Things I Like: Food (pretty much try anything), Smash Bros, indoors (introverted a** LOL), technology (software/hardware), Water (the only thing I drink unless I have delicious juice in my fridge, but that’s rare), music (I’ll try to listen to most music), Sour Patch Watermelon (best candy FREE), and memes (GOOD MEMES).
- Things I Dislike: When the atmosphere is “sad” (if the room is filled with sad people or angry people, it gets really uncomfortable), being depressed (f*** that sh*t), failure (like explained before), working hard just to get a bad result (me the past 4 years), and bad memes (Ex: that spongebob one where he repeats the caption, anything that originated from IFunny, etc)
- What I want/wanted to be when I grow up: When I was younger, I loved watching action packed shows with superheroes because I thought they were cool with all their powers and weapons. I basically wanted to be just like them, specifically a Power Ranger. Red Ranger of course, because he’s the leader and most of the time the cool one. Nowadays, I’m looking towards something in software engineering or a job in the Esports industry.
- Embarrassing Moment: Just a few months after my parents divorced when I was 5-6, I missed my biological dad a lot at the time. One time, my mom brought me to the mall to pick up something. While walking, I see a stranger that looked like my dad. Thinking it WAS my dad, I ran towards the man and hugged him. He was very confused and my mom had to run and get me. UGHGHGHGHGHGHG
- Personality Traits: I’m shy if I don’t know who you are. If I do know you, I express myself more. I’m obnoxious and loud. My laugh sounds like a dying dolphin, and I’ll try my best in most things. I’m also honest in terms of personal life, but that’s if I can trust you with information like that.
- Random Fact that I know that no one else possibly does: If you are under 18 and live in the US, you can travel to any state in the US without a passport or ID.
- Favorite Meme: Verbose. If you don’t know what that is, here’s an example.
- Craziest Moment: Back in the 6th grade, my friends used to dare each other to do stupid tasks for points, the person with the most points would win the game. I was in the lead and one of my friends dared me to eat either a brownie or cookie off of the playground structure. Keep in mind, this thing was there for 3 days(?), and ants were on it and it was mushed. MY DUMBA** ACTUALLY ATE IT AND WON. Was it worth it at the time, maybe. Was it stupid and unsanitary, yes. Did I feel good afterwards, surprisingly yes.
- Favorite Video Game: There are a ton of video games that are super nostalgic and close to my heart. But, there’s one that I’ll always remember playing. Pokemon Heartgold. Not only it was my first Pokemon game, but it was the longest game for me to complete. For anyone who’s played that game or Soulsilver, you know how hard it is to grind for EXP. I spent nearly a year I believe to beat the game to the fullest, aka beat Trainer Red. Despite being a hard game, it was really fun and got me into the Pokemon franchise.
- Milk First or Cereal First: Ok, so there’s people out there pouring milk first. I can semi understand, but cereal first is my preferred method. BUT! THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO POUR THE MILK FIRST, MICROWAVE THE MILK, AND THEN POUR THE CEREAL. THESE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT NEED TO BE HUNTED DOWN.
- Bucket List: I’ve actually made a page long bucket list, but most of it is very personal. I’ll share a few of them though. Make 1 song/remix/mashup, Keep at most 10 plushes from childhood, One day, go on a shopping spree and buy anything,Get better at drawing, Get better at calligraphy, Recite 100 digits of pi, Bingewatch a series successfully, Donate money to any research
- Have I been out of state?: Only once, and that place was the Philippines like 7 years ago. Soon, my family will be going to Hawaii :].
- Other Random Facts: I couldn’t speak at all when I was 3 because my household had 3 different languages (English, Spanish, and Tagalog), this blog is technically not my first website because I was forced to make a website in a Computer Science class (shoutouts to my CS teacher “Mr.A”), I technically don’t have a “bedroom” to call my own (I have a foldable bed in my “living room”), I’ve never had Boba in my life, I love having plushes of Pokemon or other video game characters, my “gamertag” in the 5th grade was “CheesePsycho” because I for some reason loved saying “I like cheese” (UUGUGUGHGHGUHGUHGHGUGHUGHGUHGUHGUGHUGUGHUGHGUGH CRINGE HURTS BUT THATS LIFE), other than water, the best drink for me is Dr. Pepper (cherry), other than Smash or Pokemon there hasn’t been other games that I’m eager to play, however I do like watching games like Tekken, Hearthstone, and other Nintendo games from time to time. And, for the final random fact.
TT. That’s all I’m going to say. If you know what that is, I feel slightly embarrassed, but at the same time, I give you props for knowing what that is.
That wraps up about everything I wanted to say! Again, sorry for delaying a post for quite a bit, I’ll try to make this a priority when Tuesdays and Thursdays come around! Also, hope you had a nice 4th of July! Cause America! Freedom to use fireworks eventhough they are illegal! YEAH! Alright, alright, I’ll let you be. Give me topics to talk about! Could range from things you think should be discussed or anything in general as long as its blog worthy. Thanks for reading! :]
-The Internet (general idea of it)
-Random Opinions (Opinions and how it works nowadays)
-Beginners Guide to Competitive Smash (where/what to watch, etc)
-EVO (tournament series)